Are you interested in running your own text-based game server? You should check out Evennia. Evennia is an open source Multi User Dungeon (MUD) game engine allowing people to run and operate their own text-based adventure game.
If you would like to run your own server but do not want to deal with all the annoying setup, I can help! I am offering a service to setup everything you need to get your game idea off the ground.
BASIC PLAN ($14.99 per month)
- Server provisioning and maintenance
- Latest version of Evennia
- Database management
- SSL certification via Let’s Encrypt
- Continuous integration setup via Github Actions
- Custom domain
If you are interested and would like to learn more simply send any questions to email@example.com. If you would like to start your subscription now, click on the “Let’s get started!” link above and I will reach out within the next 24 hours to begin the process.
In the meantime, If you would like to explore what Evennia has to offer then take a look at the demo instance I have setup to show how everything works: https://rezmite.com/
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What happens to my data if I cancel my subscription?
- All data required to restore your Evennia instance will be sent to you via email.
- What if I need help programming some of the elements of my game?
- Basic support does not include programming new game elements but I might be able to help.
- What if I do not have a Github account?
- A Github account is required for managing code and pushing new updates to your server. If you have not worked with Github before I can provide you with instruction on how to get started.
- What if I no longer need this game server?
- Feel free to cancel anytime! Everything is managed via PayPal.